El Gran Mestizo Riverside Cabins is the #1 hotel to stay in Orange Walk Belize. We are? located on the banks of the historic New River, just 8 minutes from bustling downtown Orange Walk.? At El Gran Mestizo, we love to see you smile! All guests receive a complimentary breakfast: made with love and served with a smile. **Some restrictions apply**
We are here to offer you an authentic experience. Choose from our range of packages from relaxation to adventure, beaches and islands to jungle and waterfalls. Share with us your ideas, and let us take care of the rest.? Browse Packages
Our rustic riverside cabins are air conditioned, have cable tv, wifi and start at US$80.
Standard Cabins | Premium Cabins
Maracas is our on-site, riverside bar and grill offering Mestizo and international cuisine.
More info + menu →
Tourism Gold Standard Certified – Because We Care…
We have made all necessary changes to our policies and procedures for everyone’s health and safety . We are part of the safe corridor of gold standard hotels and tour operators, and have been trained and certified under the BTB’s Tourism Gold Standard Program. One more reason why locals pride themselves in recommending us as “The Best Hotel in Orange Walk Town”.
The Belize Tourism Board has launched the “Tourism Gold Standard” Recognition Program for hotels in the country.
This 9-point program seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product.
In this initial phase of reopening for international visitation, hotels approved for reopening will operate within a “tourism safe corridor”. Hotels approved to open within the safe corridor:
- Have achieved the Tourism Gold Standard Certificate of Recognition
We Have Also Implemented:
- social distancing and the use of face masks while in public spaces;
- online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems;
- hand sanitizing stations across the property;
- enhanced room cleaning and increase sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces;
- daily health checks for guests and employees;
- designated ‘Isolation/Quarantine rooms’ for suspected Covid-19 cases and action plans for handling suspected employees or guests.
Travellers will be able to enjoy their Belize vacation while being confident their safety is the hotel’s top priority. Click here, to find out more about the gold standard and for a full list of certified hotels.